Broadcom MegaRAID 9560-16i
PCIe 4.0 RAID controller allows users to increase performance and maximize endless design flexibility with Tri-Mode connectivity and NVMe devices
Get a Quote!
Click here to jump to more pricing!
The MegaRAID 9500 series is the industry’s first PCIe Gen4 RAID adapter family, offering PCIe Gen4 host and storage interfaces. The MegaRAID 9560-16i adapter, based on the SAS3916 high-port count PCIe 4.0 x8 RAID-on-Chip (RoC), delivers twice the performance of previous generations. The 9560-16i features Broadcom Tri-Mode SerDes technology, which enables the operation of NVMe, SAS or SATA devices in a single drive bay, allowing for endless design flexibility.
The 9560-16i is compatible with existing PCIe SFF-8639 Module (U.2) backplanes, allowing users to boost performance for today’s ever increasing bandwidth environments. Coupled with two industry initiatives expanding the deployment of Tri-Mode SerDes technology, the 9560-16i is instrumental in getting the most performance and flexibility out of U.3 backplanes:
- SFF-TA-10001 Specification (U.3), which defines a common bay type for SAS, SATA and NVMe
- Universal Backplane Management (UBM), which defines a common backplane control and management framework
With Tri-Mode SerDes technology, the MegaRAID 9560-16i can operate in all three modes concurrently, serving NVMe, SAS or SATA drives. The adapter negotiates between speeds and protocols to seamlessly work with any of the three types of storage devices. Tri-Mode support provides a non-disruptive way to evolve existing data center infrastructure.
Key Features Include:
- Connect up to 240 SAS/SATA devices or 24 NVMe devices per controller
- Fits into rack-mounted servers with low-profile form factor and side-mounted SAS connectors
- Form-factor friendly cable exit
- Support critical, high-bandwidth applications with PCIe 4.0 connectivity
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60
- JBOD mode with RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD for SDS environments
- Add more protection and peace of mind with CacheVault flash cache protectio
|Management Software||LSI Storage Authority (LSA), StorCLI (Command-Line Interface), HII (UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure)|
|Cache Protection||CacheVault CVPM05|
|Physical Dimensions||Low profile 6.127in x 2.712in|
|Host Bus Type||x8 lane PCI Express 4.0|
|Data Transfer Rates||12Gb/s SAS and 16GT/s PCIe Gen4 (NVMe) compliant|
|Devices Supported||SAS/SATA: 240, NVMe: 24|
|Internal Connectors||2 x8 SFF-8654 (SlimLine)|
|Operating Temperature||10° to 55° C|
|Operating Voltage (V)||+12V +/-8%, 3.3V +/-9%|
|OS||Microsoft Windows. Contact Oracle support for Oracle Solaris driver or software support. See www.broadcom.com/support/down-load-serach for details on versions.|
|Regulatory Certifications||Australia/New Zealand (AS/NZS CISPR 22), Canada (ICES -003, Class B), Europe (EN55022/EN55024), Japan (VCCI V-3), Korea (RRA no 2013-24 & 25), RoHS compliant, Safety: EN/IEC/UL 60950, Taiwan (CNS 13438), USA (FCC 47 CFR part 15 Subpart B, class B), WEEE|
|Warranty||3 years, free technical support, advanced replacement option at broadcom.com/support/warranty/internal-raid-hba|
|I/O Processor / SAS Controller||SAS3916 12Gb/s SAS Tri-Mode RAID-on-Chip (ROC)|
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!